Tuesday 24 October 2017

DAILY PRAYER NUGGET-OCTOBER:24:2017

NUGGET: YOU CAN'T PLAY PROPHECY
1KINGS 22:8,13-14;  And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, There is yet one man, Micaiah the son of Imlah, by whom we may enquire of the Lord: but I hate him; for he doth not prophesy good concerning me, but evil. And Jehoshaphat said, Let not the king say so. And the messenger that was gone to call Micaiah spake unto him, saying, Behold now, the words of the prophets declare good unto the king with one mouth: let thy word, I pray thee, be like the word of one of them, and speak that which is good. And Micaiah said, As the Lord liveth, what the Lord saith unto me, that will I speak.

The king wasn't angry at prophecy but he was angry at the truth that came with the word.And you could see the servant trying to convince the Prophet to speak enticing words. But can you lie against the truth, you can't lie against the holyspirit. The truth of God's word will always prevail. Most times people are eager to hear it all good than hearing the truth. This sugar coated words have made many fall into traps. God's word and utterances from the throne of grace are deep truth. It doesn't have to sound good or suit you. Be open to the truth than sugar coated words. Don't run from people whom God has placed in your life to shape you in the path of truth because you want to please the flesh. You must trust God's word because it stands.
O Lord help my heart to accept the truth.Help me abide by the truth consistently. Shift my focus from the enticing words of men. Lord upbraid my mind and renew my spirit. Let my attention be captured by godly things. Father my drive shall be heaven at last in Jesus name,amen !

TODAY'S TIP: Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.(Proverbs 23:23)

EFECOLLABS

No comments:

Post a Comment