Saturday 23 September 2017

DAILY PRAYER NUGGET -SEPTEMBER:23:2017

NUGGET: DIVINE DIRECTION
2SAMUEL 5:23-25: And when David enquired of the LORD, he said, Thou shalt not go up; but fetch a compass behind them, and come upon them over against the mulberry trees. And let it be, when thou hearest the sound of a going in the tops of the mulberry trees, that then thou shalt bestir thyself: for then shall the LORD go out before thee, to smite the host of the Philistines. And David did so, as the LORD had commanded him; and smote the Philistines from Geba until thou come to Gazer.

Sometimes in life there are steps people want to make but they lack direction. And this has frustrated so many dreams . How do I go about this? is the question question that pops up at such time and situation. Through my time of studying David and all the battles He fought and conquered, one thing was obviously common ,he had divine direction. If you read from verse 19 of the text you'll see that God already gave him a go ahead. This direction didn't just fall on his lap, he asked God for it, shall I go? Will you go with me? Because no man can attain victory without God. I don't know who is lost today, what you need is God's direction. His compass is what will get you to your destination. This particular passage of today's devotional struck me because this direction was precise. Means overtime David hath built a father and son relationship with God. David understood the importance of God's direction. A man without a compass going to an unknown destination will definitely get lost. This world is not our home, the only one that can help us reach our destination is God.
O Lord help me find my path. Tell me where to go and what to do. Order my step in your word Lord. Give me the grace to walk in your footprint. Help me retrace my step from a wrong track. Open my eyes to see my destiny map. I shall not walk in darkness but in a path of light in Jesus name, amen!

TODAY'S TIP: WHEN GOD LEADS YOU, VICTORY IS SURE!

EFECOLLABS

No comments:

Post a Comment